Monday, October 25, 2010

$1 Tacos - Deal or No Deal?

On Wednesday nights, Pozole offers tacos for $1.  The tacos are small but even if you order three plus a side of beans and rice, you still spend under $5.  Of course, you will probably spend your savings on a margarita, which is actually quite decent.  Shame the same cannot be said for the food.  The only vegetarian taco is a potato and cheese.  Even though this sounds like a carb overload, in the past I have actually enjoyed this option.  The potato was creamy and spicy topped with a bit of cabbage.  I'm not sure what has happened in the couple of months since I last ate here but everything I tried was bordering on awful.  The potato pieces were cubes of roasted dryness topped with some shredded cheese and cabbage in a flavorless taco shell.  The beans and rice were not as dry but still bland.  I also tried the house chips with three salsas.  The pineapple salsa looked like it had been sitting around for days.  The tomatillo salsa was mild and glutinous while the red salsa, which tasted the best, looked like diluted ketchup.  Thank goodness this was a cheap meal.  I think I need to find a new Wednesday night bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment